Friday, February 18, 2011

Turbans...for real?

I'm all about fashion. I love cute clothes, I love seeing what the new season will bring us, and I love reading about it all in magazines. But do I have the money to be a fashionista? Doubt it. I could research about it all damn day, I could tell you what's going to be "in style" this coming spring, but will any of us REALLY go out and wear what we see on the runway? Again, I doubt it. Here are just a few trends that teenvogue.com saw at New York Fashion Week, and liked.


THE FIRST IS GRAPHIC PATTERNS
I could go for graphic patterns, but not at this length. A head to toe look of just graphic patterns gets a little crazy, a little too fast. If I saw anyone wearing this on the street, I'd laugh.

THE SECOND IS PUNK
Again, I'm all about the punk...but really? This is just getting ridiculous. Who would wear that? And who could make that look good?
THE THIRD (AND MOST RIDICULOUS) IS TURBANS
Turbans...really?...No, this is not a joke.
THE FOURTH IS WHITE JEANS
Mmm...Maybe. I wouldn't wear them, not my style, but I know lots of people who could pull them off. I give this one a *thumbs up.*
THE FIFTH IS LONG SKIRTS
Ughh...ok, I guess it's not as bad as that plaid suit. But I still don't like it.
My point is just that I honestly don't know many people who even like this stuff. Everyone has their own sense of fashion. Some people just like to wear sweats, some people are into t-shirts and jeans, and other people are really into staying ahead of the fashion curve. But I'd like to give New York Fashion Week a big middle finger for coming up with these nasty trends. I honestly don't think I'll be participating.


DAY SEVEN
A picture of your most treasured item
My car, Pete. Ok, it looks like a shitty car, and I mean, it's a '93 Toyota Camry, but he is/was my first car. I know it's just a car, but honestly my car is like a pet to me (ok, that sounds really weird now that I just typed it.) It runs great, gets me from place to place, I've had many longgg nights in my car talking with friends or listening to music. I can depend on it, and I really don't ever want to get rid of it...just too many memories I guess.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You followed my blog and asked that I follow yours, so here I am. You're funny! lol I wouldn't wear a pattern from head to toe either or a turban, and I quit wearing white jeans after hitting puberty...

    I also have an old car (a 94 Honda Civic), but I passed that old thing down to my husband because while it has gotten me through several 11 hour road trips, the brakes have gone out on me twice and the radiator hose burst while I was driving it home from class late one night. I was so done with that car. lol It still has issues, but my husband has learned to work with it.

    ReplyDelete