Monday, March 21, 2011

My Best Friend's Wedding!

I'm Back!
With some pictures of this weekend.
& a little bit of venting. :/

Me and the man waiting for our plane at 4am in the morning.

Me and the Bride at the Rehearsal. This was also the night of the bachelorette party! Which, unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of. It was just such a crazy night, I didn't even think to bring my camera... but more about that later...

On our way to the wedding!

Just before the wedding, when we were getting ready. I didn't really have time to REALLY do my hair. I only had time to curl it, so this was the end result. Not as voluminous as I wanted, but that's ok. I got lots of compliments.

Best freindss! :)

So, it was kind of an emotional weekend. I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. Every time we go back to Colorado (my husband's hometown) I never really have a great time. When we go back there, my husband likes to hang out with his friends every night and get drunk, which I really don't mind him doing since he never sees his friends from home. The problem is that I don't really have any friend's there so he leaves me at home with his parents. I mean, I COULD go out with him and his friends, but I really don't have anything in common with them so it's really not fun being the only girl there. Am I being ridiculous? It always puts me in bad moods, and part of me feels that I shouldn't be in a bad mood. I mean he NEVER sees his friends, so I don't want to stop him from being with them...but he's also married! So he should be taking my feelings into consideration as well. I'm not sure how to balance both sides of me.

Another thing that happened this time, for the bachelor party, they went to a strip club. Which I wasn't too happy about, but whatever. My friend Brittney and I went to a night club, which isn't as bad in my opinion. Ughh...ok my husband has never been to a strip club before, and part of me really didn't care. Like...ok, go have fun, I'm gonna go have fun too. But at the same time, I was dancing with my friend and you were getting boobs in your face. Really? I find that sort of disrespectful. Do any of your husbands go to strip clubs? How do you feel about it? I feel like it's an ok thing to do every once in awhile, but if he were to do it all the time, I think it would piss me off a lot more. I mean, I would love to go to a strip club, so I feel like it's kind of a double standard I'm holding him to...I'm kind of torn on this one. :/

5 comments:

  1. No, my husband doesn't go to strip clubs because it is disrespectful. He went to them once or twice before we were married, but he would never go now that we are married. That's rude and unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should go to the strip club with your friends! Not really like you're getting back at him but because they are actually pretty fun. Definitely not an every weekend thing but every so often isn't bad. My husband has been to a strip club once and I've been twice so i don't really mind them myself.
    I think that he might not think he's friends being stupid is a big deal because you don't see them all the time. I don't think its much of an excuse but it might be how he feels...I'm sorry you didn't have the best time you could've :( Hopefully being back on the island will make things better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope girl, my husband (thankfully) has no interest at ALL in that crap! How does he feel about it? I know if my husband was put in that situation he just wouldn't go, friends or not. And the whole thing about him hanging out with his friends, you are an awesome wife for letting him do it..but every night? He has to remember that he is married now and if you find no interest in hanging out with his old friends then he just take your feelings into consideration. That's just my two sense lol! I'm sorry you didn't have a great time! Hopefully the next visit will be better for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't find an email to respond to your comment so I will respond here!
    Husband is from Enumclaw and he is stationed at whidbey. We live over in Bellingham though because I go to WWU :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think any girl likes the thought of another girl dancing naked in front of her husband. I would be "pissy" but I would get over it.

    ReplyDelete